Hello! Thank you! You could draw:
- the things you want to see more of in the world
- the things you like thinking about the most
- whatever you think will make your friends laugh the most
- maybe something you really hate thinking about, but drawing it gets it out of your head
- an idea or memory that you never want to forget
- whatever seems most difficult. It will be frustrating and you might even cry, but the worst that will happen is you’ll f*ck it up horrendously and get a funny/dopey drawing out of it.
<3 your pal Lisa
All my signings are at Drawn & Quarterly, booth 1629.I might be giving away free doodles with book purchases! I like doing things like that. I might bring a small bundle of original artwork too!
4:30-5:30pm HUMOR IN GRAPHIC NOVELS AND ILLUSTRATION panel in Room 26AB with Mimi Pond and Drew Friedman, hosted by my nemesis Tom Spurgeon!
See ya there!
This is kinda sneaky, but I don’t mind it being sliiiightly unpleasant to read this comic online (for free) because I hope that eventually people will be motivated to read a printed book (for $). That said, I might realize this is a dumb business model and set up a nice independent site for Coyote D to live. Or create some sort of subscription-based e-book thing? I’m no good at this.
For now, start at the bottom and read up here.
Also: Thank you. So much.